My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Ilegals, YES or NO

The blog title is Conservative Outrage, not what did the President do wrong today. I would like to move away from the current Outrage that will be blasted over the airways for the next couple of days and move to a more controllable issue. Illegal Immigration and the church.

I was somewhat surprised when I received notice of this article but not shocked. I may have mentioned that ABNMOMMA and I left the Evangelical Lutheran Church two years ago. The stand of the church on illegal immigration and other topics was the reason. We had this silly belief the church was there to teach the Bible and not make political advertisement. Apparently we were wrong. I have posted before of my feeling regarding the role of the minister in the Christian religion and state it again. Take care of my spiritual needs. I'll take care of my earthly issues and my illegal brothers from down south of the border.

Here is an article that got this all started. Clik HERE. I will give the ELCA credit, they apparently do not belong to this organization. Having said that the Bishop of Central Ohio has signed a letter stating the same position. It's ok to be illegal. Breaking the law is OK. I think someone better read their Bible.

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

what a crock.
aarrggghhh.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I am against illegal immigration and I have spoken out against it many times both in and outside of my church.

Any pastor who preaches support of illegal immigration and offering sanctuary to illegal immigrants has NO RIGHT to call themselves Christian. Jesus NEVER preached that it was okay to break laws.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger