My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 62



Lead, follow, or get the Hell out of my way, Mr. President!


Several things have happened today that need reporting on. The 1900 pages House of Representives abomination that even covers VENDING MACHINES. OMG! I don't really care at this point if it's a REP, DEM, IND, or JERK! The people in Washington have lost their minds! That's number one.


As I was sitting at the ol' computer listening to tunes and thinking of things that better go unsaid, not bad things, just personal things. One of my favorite CD's got popped in the player. Charlie Daniels. The Mrs and I saw him perform at the University of North Carolina in Wilmington, NC. He was born and raised right across the Cape Fear River, in Leland County if I remember right. He had his 80+ year old mother on the stage at the concert. He seems to be very country and down to earth. Well, as I am so prone to say, it started me thinking. Not good! Here's what I cam up with.


Some excerpts from a couple of his sons "struck a cord with me" . Get that struck a cord, Charlie Daniels, that's a joke. How 'bout a chuckle. Here are some of the words I found worth repeating and thinking about.


Some people ain’t afraid to take a stand


What this world needs is a little more respect,


For the Lord and the lawSome good people up front to take the lead


I’m full of American pride

I keep a Bible on my table and a flag out on my

I don’t mind paying taxes, but it makes my temper itchWhen my hard earned money goes to make some politician rich

Now you intellectuals may not like it,But there’s a whole lot more of us common folks,Than there ever will be of you




I ain't nothing but a simple man,Call me a redneck,

there's things goin' on that make me mad down to the core

There's crooked politicians

crime in the street

I ain't gonna take it no more

We tell our kids to just say no,And then some panty waist judge lets a drug dealer

you know what's wrong with the world today?

People done gone and put their Bibles away

I'm the kind of man that wouldn't harm a mouse,But if I catch somebody breakin' in my house...I've got a twelve gauge shotgun

there ain't no excuse For the raping and the killing and the child abuse

I've got a way to put and end to all that mess

You just take those rascals out in the swamp

Put them on their knees and tie 'em to a stumpAnd let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest


If you have made it his far you must be a real fan of Conservative Outrage or Charlie Daniels. Admittedly some of it is a bit extreme however, after a fair trial do we really need 25 appeals for a child abuser or murder? I'll type you decide.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Boo!

6 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Why did he pick on intellectuals?

I know this relates to a previous post, but I came across this website re Palestine/Israel; it has a lot of similar photos to ones I took:
http://www.annainthemiddleeast.com/

Spitfire said...

Great post Pops. I like Charlie Daniels too. His simple, down home truths and simple, easy to understand words are comforting. I often get a headache trying to sort out what so many intellectuals and politicians are saying.... (I understand them perfectly well, but most always have to explain them to Little Critter and that sometimes gets tough! How do you explain 'existentialism to a 9 yo?!?!)

Well, it'll be interesting to see what happens with that eleventy million page of rubbish Madam Speaker put out. I haven't even taken the time to attempt to read more than the first 20 pages or so...so much gobbelty gook makes my eyes cross and my rapidly silvering hair stand on end. Sheez, just speak plain English and cut all the legalise junk.

Have a great weekend my friend. Shalom, Spitfire

ABNPOPPA said...

Elizabeth, An interesting article and pictures. I don't suppose there are any bad roads or slums in Israel.

Regarding Charlie Daniels, ask yourself the question. Do you feel threatened by the fact selected intellectuals? Hmmm.

Pops

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

I don't consider myself an intellectual...I haven't written any books or been given any endowed chairs at a university...I'm just an ordinary person, but there are good and bad intellectuals. Lack of education is not a virtue.

ABNPOPPA said...

Elizabeth,

Agreed, lack of education is not a virtue. It can be cured,become educated. Lack of morals and common sense is not a virtue either. Unfortunately is can't be cured. Many of the Leftist book writers, university professors and persons with endowed chairs lack both.IMHO

Pops

I haven't seen a recipe from you at SpicesandStuff.com. I know you must know a good New York, New York recipe. Might win those spices we talked about, it was spices wasn't it.

Have a good week{:)

MightyMom said...

good stuff you got there popperoo.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger