My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Monday, August 4, 2014

I an NOT preaching, just saying....

I'm not preaching here just saying......

At church Sunday we voted for a new Assistant Pastor. Pastor Flesher's sermon was taken from Timothy 1 Chapter 3 beginning with the first verse and continuing. Here are the verses:
This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 8Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;


Now Pastor says you can get everything you need about life from the Bible, selecting leaders is just one. This kept coming back to me during the day. I finally grasp why. We are currently saddled with many problems in Washington DC. I do believe had we applied these verses to the current elected officials serving us now many or most of them would not be there.


I'm beginning to understand what Pastor is talking about when he says you can find all the answers to life in the Bible.

I think I'll send this to my elected officials and ask if they meet the criteria as stated.  Should be interesting.  Perhaps you should do the same.  

God Bless America!

Pops

No comments:

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger