My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Friday, June 11, 2010

ME! On the Side of the Atheists!

While surfing through the net one day, in the merry merry month of June, I was taken by SURPRISE....by an article I surmise......would have brought my blood to a boil!!  (OK,  kind hum the tune, humor me, I'm an old guy).  That's right, me Mr. Conservative, about two steps to the right of Rush and Mark Levin.  I am siding with an atheist organization.  Here is the bottom line.

The Catholic League's Bill Donohue and I suppose his organization what the Empire State Building bathed in blue and white lights to honor Mother Teresa on what would have been her 100 birthday.  Anthony Malkin, president of Malkin Holdings, which owns the Empire State Building says "no". The Empire State Building does not honor political or religious persons or organizations.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.  Mr.Donohue  says they have in the past honored such people and organizations.  He feels it is an affront to Mother Teresa.  I will be the first to admit I know very little about Mother Teresa only that she was Catholic, I think, and spent her life giving to and helping the poor.  Sounds pretty worthy to me. None the less,  and regardless of past practices I do believe  Mr. Malkin and Malkin Holdings has the right NOT to shine blue and white lights on the Empire State Building if they so choose.  It is their building. 

Having said that,  if I were Catholic, I might be inclined to find some of the tenants of the building and boycott them or the building in general.   I would also  be inclined to let the tenants and corporations in the building I do not take it highly that they reside in a building that slights Mother Teresa, regardless of what religion she was.  I may even make infruence to "I wonder what Mr. Malkin would do if Mother Teresa was a Muslim and it was a Muslim organization making such a request!   Read the article here.

This article is not even worthy of commenting on.  I am so sick of the NAACP, (here goes the Pops is a racist thing), I am just going to post the link and let my followers decide. clik here OH PLEASE, give me a break, NAACP.

Having stirred up that whorenets nests I think I just leave.

Pops

1 comment:

MightyMom said...

and yet,....they were quite happy to honor Communist china......among others.

No, it's a public display of anti Christian hatefulness.

google Mother Teresa Pops...she did much more than you're aware of.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger