My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

This just SUCKS! or I'm so Lucky

Many of you may not know of her, then again many of you may.  This evening at approximately 6:45PM Stephanie Spielman, wife of Ohio State great, Chris Spielman lost her valiant battle with Breast Cancer.  She fought the good fight for nearly 11 years.  She was 42. Now four children are without their mother and one husband is without his wife. Read the complete story here.


I'm so lucky.  I was married to my wonderful Gretchen for 32 years.  Our children are grown and she saw all of her grandchildren.  As bad as it may have been and at times continues to be,  I am so lucky.  Thank you G-d for those 32 wonderful years.


Please give up prayers for Chris and the children.


Thank You.


Pops

4 comments:

Spitfire said...

Oh Pops, I'm sorry. I know this hurts your heart. I think I remember hearing something about Chris shaving his head when she went thru chemo...I'm sorry she lost the fight. But then again, she professed Yeshua, so she's in a better place and not suffering anymore. I'll keep the family in our prayers. As I do you, Sweetie. Shabbat Shalom, Spitfire

The Local Malcontent said...

Your optimism and confidence in
G-d's Will are an inspiration, Pops, you are in our prayers.

I only know of Mr./Mrs. Spielman through news stories, blogs like yours here- my condolences to Chris and to their kids.
Visiting his website has given me a new vein of respect for the former Buckeye.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thank you both for your comments. She was a fighter and has done wonders to the Central Ohio area regarding Breast Cancer and cancer in general.

Shalom,
Pops

MightyMom said...

yup, sucks....yup, lucky....and God's plan is a mystery.

I"m around, don't give up on me I got about 198 more posts to catch up on.....

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger