My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

President' Obama's Notre Dame Address

You have to hand it to the President. One thing is for sure. It's his way or the highway. I started thinking about this post early this morning. I wanted to wait until I was positive the President was actually going to go to Notre Dame and receive his award. I didn't want to go off half-cocked as they say in my neck of the woods unlike the President. They used to kid President Bush about shooting from the hip but he can't hold a candle to President Obama. He makes rules about a clean cabinet and then comes up the biggest tax dodgers in the democratic party starting with Timmy Geitner.

Back on track. IMHO, President Obama's ego is so big this last little fiasco should bring it to light for even the dumbest of his supporters to see. He would rather divide the Catholic Church with his arrogance than graciously step aside when his speech and appearance causes this divide. Not since the Civil War has a president had the ability to divide or pull together this county. It is quite clear that President Obama chooses to divide all he can and bring the greatest nation on the face of this earth to it's knees. I have a thought for President Obama to quote Charlie Daniels," this country may have stumbled (it elected him President) but, she ain't never fell". You can only go so far and 'we the people" will fight back! It started with a Tea Party in Boston and may have started again with a Tea Party in hundreds of cities all over the United States.

This President is not a UNITER as he called for in his speech at Notre Dame he is a DIVIDER. There are just to many points of contention in his my way, my world, like it or leave it speech to debate on a point by point basis.

Read his entire speech. Clik here

I wonder how many people voted for President Obama and now wish they hadn't, of course they would never tell.

Remember our troops on Memorial Day and God Bless America

6 comments:

MightyMom said...

POPS!!

I was wondering about you!!
great post!

Most Rev. Gregori said...

The man (and I use the term loosely) is a moron and it is all about him. He cannot see beyond his own ego.

He wants both sides on the abortion issue to reach "common ground." That is called "BI-PARTISANSHIP" which means making deals with the devil. Morality and ethics never win in bi-partisanship.

Spitfire said...

Hey Pops! Glad to see you back again. Been missing ya! I agree with you about the President. I'm thinking it's time to start looking for a place to live in Israel...between this person in the White House and the one running the UN wanting to kick Israel out of the UN, I don't know that I want to stay here. Papa's gonna run out of patience and blast this country if folks don't wake up and smell the sulfur! Shalom, Spitfire

ABNPOPPA said...

Hi gang,

Thanks for your support. Been a little busy and it's a little tough doing much of anything lately. Having said that I can always count on my faithful friends on the net. Went to a little Memorial at the hospital Sunday. It was nice, I cried and so did some others had some great cookies afterwords. Picked up a good line from the tube the other night. It's not what you are going thru, it's where your going to! That is really what counts.

MM. Hope you are doing well and enjoying your vacation (?).

MRG, I learn so much from reading your blog. It really makes me think about many things.

Spitfire. I believe you picked that name because you are a "spitfire" just buzzing around and taking on anybody and anything no matter what the size.

Blessings to you all & Shalom

Pops

MightyMom said...

Pops,

I dedicate this song to you....and maybe to me too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91OQwco7a58

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Obama is trying to get everyone to reach a middle ground by respecting each other's opinions. The problem is that no one respects an opinion they think is simply wrong. Obama needs to accept that it's not possible to get everyone to agree or compromise and in trying to do so, he is just making people angry.

Glad to see you're keeping active; it's important to keep up your activities. Try to get regular exercise also.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger