My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Monday, April 20, 2009

California College Strikes Again

Is there any chance the state of California might just slide off into the Pacific? This would spare the rest of The United States of America these continuing embarrassments? First you have the 9th Circus Court of Appeals. According to the Los Angeles Times, The 9th Circus also has a long-running streak as the most overturned, which went unbroken this year. The Supreme Court reviewed 22 cases from the 9th Circus last term, and it reversed or vacated 19 times. By comparison, the Supreme Court reviewed only five cases, vacating or reversing four, from the next-busiest court of appeals, the 5th Circuit based in New Orleans.

Only a short month ago I posted about a Los Angles Community College professor who threatened one of his students for using Bible verses in a Debate Class. To refresh your memory this Professor gave the class the rest of the class time off after the student presentation. He then later confronted the student away from the classroom and threatened to have the student expelled.

Now today World Net Daily and Fox news are running this article, Clik
here. The story is about one student who was praying on campus, for an ill professor. Her friend who wasn't with her at the time of her praying is being threatened because she was with her later in the day. This wonderful college is College of Alameda in Alameda, near Oakland. Remember this when you help your child pick a college to attend. They can't pray for ill teachers and probably can't pray for anyone or anything.

When did we lose control?

I leave you with this beautiful poem I was recently given.


Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circling flight,
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
For I am the sea, the wind, and sky.

Author Unknown





6 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Pops, we lost control when the Supreme Court allowed Madalyn O'Hare to have her way and removed prayer from our schools.

Had the U.S. still been functioning as a Constitutional Republic that it was founded to be, that never would have happened. Only in a democracy are the rights of the minority held above those of the majority.

That was a great poem.

Spitfire said...

Pops,
The poem is nice. It sounds like something from the American Indian culture. (My Dodi is American Indian, so I hear some of the stories sometimes.)
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. Glad you had a restful and pleasant weekend.
As for the question....I agree with Father Abouna, we lost control when Ms. O'Hara was allowed to trample our constitutional rights to freedom of religion. That appears to be when the rights of the minority became more important than the rights of the majority. So sad. But Papa is still in control, and I've read the back of the Book...the good guys win in the end! Shalom, spitfire

Tami said...

Pop,
What a beautiful poem.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and always leaving encouraging comments.

I can not take credit for the blog background. It is from an online site:thecutestblogontheblock.com

aam

MightyMom said...

pops,

waiting for Cali and DC to both disappear...then we can get to work reestablishing the country this was supposed to be!

;-)

lovely poem.

JMB said...

You are most correct Rev. Gregori, an abundance of severe misconstructions can be attributed to this supposedly apolitical Supreme court, of which this raptorial Federal empire has been deriving its powers of usurpation directly.
This Republic of ours is being systematically destroyed, and if we do not regain our Constitutional defenses soon, even our own historians will have no recollections nor references left to ponder, as to what the hell a Republic, ever was.


I enjoyed that poem very much Pops.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thank you all. I felt it was appropriate.

Pops

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger