My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I have said before this Blog probably should have been named "Conservative Christian Outrage". Myself, my family and this country derive our basic principles from the Constitution of The United States. The learned gentlemen who wrote that document believed in God and the Holy Bible. That is quite apparent if one reads the Constitution as it was written, not as some left wing liberals choose to twist it to fit their morals and ideals.

I am very lucky as I have friends much more knowledgeable in scripture than I. I was lucky enough to have one of these friends give me some spiritual uplifting this past Monday morning. The uplifting came in the Book of Daniel, Chapter 4 and goes like this:

Daniel 4:32
And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.*(my emphasis)

This reminded me of a conversation I had on line with a lady, name unknown but who lived in New York at the time of the September 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade center. This lady was very upset and quite worried there were more to come. As I said I am not a Biblical scholar by any means. After quite a while of chatting with her and others on line it came to me. In the course of the conversations on line she had said she was a Christian. She said she just didn't know what to pray or what to do. I told her quite simply pray what Jesus prayed when in the Garden of Gethsemane before he was arrested and taken away.

Mark 14:35
And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.*(emphasis mine)

These two verses give me hope and solid grounding as we begin a new season in my beloved country. As I said in my November 4th post, it's over. My guy lost. I will support the new President until such time as he proves, like William Jefferson Clinton, he is unworthy of the trust and the position. It is not always what we want but, what He wants.

*Quotes taken from Bible.com

3 comments:

MightyMom said...

:-) well said Pops

Subvet said...

Amen.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thanks folks, stop by anytime and bring a friend,

Pops

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger