My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why I Don't Read the Huffington Post

Saturday June, 11,2010
10:30AM

Why I don't read the Huffington Post, very often.  It's just a matter of trash vs treasure.  While watching FOX NEWS this morning they had a blurb on for about 10 seconds stating Senator Dick Durbin had introduced a new bill. This new bill would allow large corporations that sold gas to pass on a tax to the consumer. On it's face this sounds anti-consumer.  However, a little thought into the whole consumer/tax thing brings me to the conclusion, ALL TAXES ARE PASSED ONTO THE CONSUMER!

Folks, there are only so many $$$$ in circulation and they gotta  circulate. Basically this is an exercise in futility. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.  The consumer is King or Queen in my book.  It's just a darn shame we, Conservatives, don't use that power more often. Rush Limbaugh has approximately 20 million listeners, according to Rush.  Sean Hannity, has 13.5 listeners* admittedly many Rush listeners also but, for numbers sake.  Let's say 1/3 don't listen to Rush, or approximately 5 million.  That's a total of 25 million listeners.  Now, if 1/2 of the 25 million listeners write a letter to, let's say Wal-Mart.  The letter stating these consumers are just sick and tired of Wal-Marts poor quality  tomatoes** and are going to shop Meijers, Krogers, Food Lion, or what ever store is in your area, do you think Wal-Mart would upgrade the quality of tomatoes?  I'm not an expert but I do believe they would.  Gees, I wish we Conservatives would get on board with this type of power!  I guess we are too busy working, raising our children, and clinging to our guns and Bibles.  "Nuff said.

Back to the Huffington Post.  Anyway, I was looking for some solid evidence linking Senator Durbin to this alleged bill.  I did a Google Search and checked out about a dozen hits and found nothing. I even went to Senator Durbin's web page and found nothing.  So at this point in time I am putting the issue aside. 

While I was searching I decided to check the far left blog, The Huffington Post.  If any blog would have an article about Senator Durbin and taxes I figure it might.  I bet you were wondering when I was going to get to the Huffington Post.  Now keep in mind I go there about once a month or less.  Here are the reasons why:

Four of the current articles posted on the side bar of the Huffington Post as of 11:30AM, June 12, 2010:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/09/sarah-palin-breast-implan_n_606596.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/what-happens-when-you-die_b_596600.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/10/kayla-manson-13-year-old_n_607266.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-abramson/twitter-dies-at-age-4_b_606135.html

Allow me to give you a brief outline of the articles.
The first deals with the possibility of Governor Sarah Palin having breast implamts, Who really cares
The second deals with what happens when you die.  Sorry folks, your DEAD,  With luck you go to Heaven
The third is absolutely disgusting and deals with a 13 year old using a vile word used to describe a woman's sexual parts.  To make matters worse it was aired on The Today Show on NBC..  To compound matters  "We just have to be careful with our language, but that's all right, sweetheart,"  was all Meredith Vieira said after the girl made the comments.  That's all that was said!  Comments like that cost shock jock, Howard Stern, a million $$$ a pop!  If you want to read  the articles via The Huffington Post copy and past the web addresses.  I don't really want that trash and garbage linked to my blog.

I really am interested in seeing if the FCC  will intercede in this.

I have one other tidbit from the Huffington Post and then....who knows....maybe I'll visit it more often looking for my gym socks, the lid to my garbage can or whatever foul odor I smell.  You know you are to be feared (sarcasm) by the left when The Huffington Post  attacks you!  Check out this article on Senator John McCain. the last paragraph says it all.  The attack JD Hayworth for a ligament question.  By the way, I respect Senator McCain for his military service and thank God for men like him.  I do not respect him for his wishy-washy stand on everything up to and including our southern border security. JD Hayworth web site is here.

Have a great weekend and see ya in church!
Pops


*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sean_Hannity_Show
**  this is in no way meant to say Wal-Mart tomatoes are bad (I need my job)

6 comments:

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I really am interested in seeing if the FCC will intercede in this.

Sorry Charlie, the FCC will only come after us right wing wackos.

MightyMom said...

just another "Enquirer" trash mag...

Anonymous said...

Hi Pops,

Just a reality check. Certainly the Huffington Post is a mixed bag there are some great people writing for them like Jim Wallis who I've highlighted on my blog and some very dumb people (there is such a thing as dumb liberal Hollywood types, as well as smart ones). Just as there are dumb academics and smart ones.

I actually agree with you that stories on breast implants are out of place at the Huffington Post and very National Enquirerish, although I do look at some of the other pictures, which you might want to censor, that they publish.

I agree with the good Father about not censoring, if not particularly for his reasons. I'm a firm believer in First Amendment rights and certainly think it is the cornerstone and foundation on which we build a free society.

I think you can be selective in your reading of the Huffington Post, or skip it altogether. I tend only to skim for articles I'm interested in.

In any event it does not form a uniform ideological point of view-- some writers are more moderate, some more radical-- with most between. It's not like listening to Fox News which has a more consistent ideological viewpoint.

The Huffington Post represents a center-left marketplace of ideas, Fox News a closed market of rightwing ideological thought, IMO.

It would be helpful if you had publications on the right more like the Huffington Post (ok without the pictures and trashy stories), that represented more a marketplace of conservative thought again. But, unfortunately the conservative marketplace of ideas has shrunk to a very narrow viewpoint, although on the Washington Post there are some interesting conservatives like Kathleen Parker and Michael Gerson (Krauthammer and Will I can live without), although even these latter two blind squirrels sometimes find a nut.

Jeff-for-progress

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online where to buy tramadol cod - buy tramadol online missouri

Anonymous said...

http://www.mypethealthinsurance.org.uk
Seventy five per cent of RV travelers take along their furry family members (well, most are furry) and wouldn't consider being without them.

Anonymous said...

generic phentermine phentermine 273 - buy phentermine without rx online

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger