My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Monday, February 23, 2009

De Javu All Over Again!

First things first. I have to give my fellow blogger Subvet, over at http://agangershome.blogspot.com/ a hearty THANKS for his explanation on why the Pope didn't or couldn't/wouldn't ex-communicate the Disaster from California, Nancy Pelosi. You can read his post and comments which was posted 02/16/09 under the heading Pelosi and the Pope.

Now on with the good stuff. Here in the Midwest we have a gentleman on a local radio station often called Pastor Bob. I tune in to his radio show on a regular basis. He is a retired (?) Pastor with over 20 years in the ministry. Often times he challenges his audience regarding current national and local issues. He gives his viewpoint as he perceives it from his Biblical background and with sound Biblical doctrine. Not looking for points from him. However, he is a no nonsense kind of guy. For more on Pastor Bob check out his blog, clik here. Introduction is over.

On my way home this afternoon from the TAX GUY I was looking for a little solace (?). As the radio station is pre-tuned to Pastor Bob's radio show I punched up the button. Older folks please explain that term to the younger set. Thank You.

Pastor Bob along with his call in commenter's were discussing an incident in which a veteran youth counselor at the Orangewood Children's Home was suspended for allowing the children in her care to "overhear" Christian music.
You can read the entire article by cliking on The Christian Post.

Why do I bring this to the attention of my followers? The reason is two fold. Well, maybe three fold. In no specific order.

Fold #1 I am a Christian kind of guy. Simple as that. When I see a fellow believer being punished unjustly for being a Christian it reminds me of Rome and the Colosseum when Christians were persecuted in the most horrid ways. Refer to my previous post.

Fold #2 I have before stated on this blog that Christians are becoming the minority in America, a country that they founded. After taking it from the only true American, in my ever so humble opinion, the American Indian. Folks, the non-Christian movement is coming at us from all sides. This is just another fact to support it. Now we know how our Native American brothers felt years 200 years ago.

Fold #3 As my mother would say, God rest her soul, "you just can't leave a sleeping dog lie." Spose' not. I am asking you to forward this blog post to your entire address book. Have them request the Orangewood Children's Foundation drop their resistance to the counselor's law suit. Issue a formal apology to the counselor, restore the lost back pay and make a public apology in the local newspapers stating it was wrong to suspend this counselor. Here is the contact web site for the Orangewood County Children's Home, part of the Orangewood's Children's Foundation.

This my friends is a CONSERVTIVE OUTRAGE


9 comments:

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

The US is 80 percent Christian. I don't think Christians are going to become a minority any time soon.

Of course, it's interesting to discuss what exactly is a Christian. I'm sure Jesus would be horrified to find that many of today's "Christians" are comfortable with bombing children, stealing from the poor to give to the rich, etc.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

I read that article earlier today, and the article I read stated that nobody had any problems with those kids being exposed to other music, at the same venue, that contained filthy and/or sexually provocative lyrics. That shows the moral values of America today.

Elizabeth, I hardly doubt that 80% of the people in the US today are Christian. I say this because one cannot support abortion, gay rights, euthanasia or other evils, and be a Christian. Attending a Christian Church doesn't make one a Christian any more then standing in a garage makes one a car.

One cannot pick and choose what they will accept in Holy Scripture and still be a Christian. It is all or nothing.

ABNPOPPA said...

Liz, I think Most Rev. Gregori handled your Christian minority response well enough. Thank you MRG!

You never cease to amaze me how you can bring up how horrid Christians can be be "bombing children, stealing from the poor" That's the reason I wear a flak jacket to church and leave my wallet at home when I go to church. You act like every Christian has no morals or feelings.

If as you suggest, improperly I might add, The United State is 80% Christian, please feel free to give those "80%" Christians credit for giving more aid and money to the rest of the world than any other county.

This post is about

P E R S E C U T I O N

of a section of society. I figured being somewhat liberal you would defend the Christian cause on that!

I am certain Jesus would know the true Christians from the pseudo Christians if we were so fortunate to have him walk on this earth in our lifetime.

MRG,

As you know by now I am never at a loss of an opinion. Unfortunately I am sometimes at a loss for proper verbiage. Thank for so eloquently dismissing Liz's comment. Remember she is looking for the path to Conservatism. Why else would she keep coming back?

Pops

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Pops, if Liz is looking for a path to Conservatism and hasn't found it yet,perhaps she isn't looking hard enough or just hasn't read the right post that convinces her. But either way we can still pray that she will see the light.

ABNPOPPA said...

Amen, MSG,

And, like good Conservative Christians we must continue to help her find it.

Pops

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ABNPOPPA said...

jesus,

I have had to remove you comment. I do not remove comments of those who expresse different opinions My followers will attest to that. I do remove comments that are mean spirited, in my humble opinion, and used foul language. I have decided your comment fit the latter, not the former.

Please feel free to re-post your comment using more family friendly language. Here on Conservative Outrage we encourage honest and intelligent debate.

To my followers who may have seen jesus' comments before I removed them I apologize for jesus and the language.

Pops

Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

"You act like every Christian has no morals or feelings."

When did I say that??

ABNPOPPA said...

Liz,

I didn't get feeling from any of these posts. Feeling a little guilty? Is the inner you be expressed by the outer you?

Pops

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger