My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WOW!  It's been a long, long time since I've posted.  I guess it's true you get writer's block or bloggers block.  Anyway, here I am reading old posts and going trough my list of bloggers I follow.  Opps guess I better back up and give you some catch up stuff first and why I haven't been blogging.  Well you see the local sheriff has this thing about computers in jail!  Nah!  Just kidding, really.  I had some pretty extensive surgery last November which promptly got infected which caused me to wind up in the hospital on three different occasions.  I only was released to go back to work the beginning of May.  You would think with all that time on my hands I would be blogging my life away but, truly I just wasn't really up to much of anything for about 5 months.  

So here goes.  Went to church this morning which I do most Sunday mornings.  The Pastor was giving a sermon on God, The Father, and how he give everybody an opportunity to succeed in His world.  This was the heart of  the message.  However, one point his hit on struck me very, very close to home.  What did your father teach you and what have you taught your children?  This really hit home as I got to thinking about what my daughter had said to me one day after my wonderful Gretchen had passed away. 

We were talking about mom being in heaven and this and that and I remarked that Sarah had been raised as a Christian and so had mom and there was no doubt she was fixing boobers on little kids in heaven, if they had them there.  Sarah promptly replied she was raised as a Christian but not in a Christian house. 
We prayed a meal time but not in the morning, at bed or did not actively read the Bible.  She had a good point. 

My father taught me to hunt and fish, accept responsibility, show respect to my elders work had and have feelings for the other person who may not be as fortunate as I was.  I tried to teach  my sons and daughter the same things.  I believe we succeeded in part but, as Sarah put it "not a Christian home".

Now to what do I do about all those missed opportunities?

Pops

2 comments:

Subvet said...

Good to see you're back in action. I was beginning to think I'd have to take your blog off my blogroll.

As for the missed opportunities, there are always grandkids to work with.

ABNPOPPA said...

Thanks for stopping by Subvet. I was down but not out!

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger