My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Friday, July 11, 2014

This IS a Conservative Outrage

Military to receive PINK SLIPS, while deployed. Read it here,  http://bit.ly/1q2KwLw

As I sit at my computer, safe and sound, reading this article my mind wanders to the thoughts of a soldier receiving his/her notice.  Am I not good enough at killing anymore?  Is my mind not terrified enough by incoming rounds?  Is the horror that by my being here caused not up the the Xxpectations of the control mechanisms in Washington DC?  Is the blood, guts, gore and man's inhumanity to man not enough that I should be singled out  to fight and perhaps die then be cast away like vermin in a trap.  Why me?  What is this all about?  Why me..............

This is a Conservative OUTRAGE!

For our fighting soldiers, May the good Lord bless and keep you.

Pops, 

2 comments:

Subvet said...

So lemme get this straight. GI Joe is told he'll be discharged at the end of his enlistment, regardless of his own desires. He may/may not have served in combat with all the problems that entail. He'll be out on the street, his only recourse the VA which may/may not adaquately address any problems he has from his time in service. He'll be living in a nation whose leaders have on more than one occasion depicted recent veterans as potentially crazed, unstable and likely to go off the deep end (Viet Nam vets redux?). Have I got this right so far? Because if I do then it's another potential source for eventually justifying the imposition of martial law and suspension of ALL our liberties in the name of "peace and security". Other such sources include the flood of illegals presently at our borders, the disregard of actual terrorist muslims in our nation, the attack on religious liberties (my latest blog post gives a recent example, it won't affect just Catholics either), the list goes on.

Ten years ago I'd have dismissed rants like mine as tinfoil hat material. Now I'm not so sure.

God help our vets, God help us all. See you in the reeducation camps.

Frederic Christie said...

It's been Republican priorities that have routinely denied soldiers mental health care, adequate remuneration, robust job placement, and appropriate benefits. It's been Republican priorities that have allowed soldiers to have their GI Bill money purloined by dishonest private colleges. It has been militaristic priorities on both sides that have routinely funded Islamists, from the Northern Alliance to al Qaeda. Your side lets down soldiers too, and if that "personal responsibility" that conservatives like to talk about really mattered, you might focus on that.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger