My Rule for Life

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Monday, May 2, 2011

You Can Run.....but, You Can't Hide....Forever

It is Done!

I woke this morning to my cell phone vibrating and making a racket that means someone has text me.  It's 0630 and my day off.  I look, it's Jacob!  This early in the morning it call only be bad news.  I put on my glasses and take about 30 seconds for my eyes to focus and read the words, "Binn Laden is dead"  It takes me another minute or so to get my bearings and read again. "Binn Laden is dead".  I text back WTF?  Jacob then tells me that Navy Seals got him in Pakistan.  During the coarse of the next 20 minutes of back and forth texting a flood of emotions go through me and my son, still the warrior he was trained to be.   He says he feels it is complete now.  I say maybe, just maybe he and his buddies can put the horrible memory of war in a box in their mind and put it on the shelf.  I pray to God that they can.  For them, Binn Laden may be dead but the memories of war will last forever.  Hopefully just not as frequently nor as strong.

God Bless America and all our great warriors.

Pops

9 comments:

Jeff-for-progress said...

Hi Pops,

Nice post. Some credit is due the perseverance of the president as well.

Jeff

ABNPOPPA said...

President Bush? Of Course!

I give credit to the men and women who have been doing the job. If it be this President, so be it.

Pos

Subvet said...

Let's not count the chickens before they hatch. His death is great news but one monkey don't stop no show. The fact he was evidently living in luxury in Pakistan points out the popularity of he anti-American, jihadist thinking.

I'm afraid we've still a long way to go, made much longer by the denial of those in charge to recognize the true nature of what they call "a religion of peace".

But it's still great news. God bless the SEALS.

ABNPOPPA said...

Subvet,

Oh, I agree with you it's NOT over but I have faith in our Intelligence sources. We have gathered all the info we can and THEN, took him out. We still must be , ever vigilant!

Pops

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Pops, I am the eternal skeptic and there are just too many things that just don't add up. For instance, it was reported that none of Bin Laden's body guards were around. If that is true then who were the Navy Seals having the gunfight with?

Second, when Obama was first elected, he stated that he wanted Bin Laden arrested and taken alive for harsh interrogation, so how come even though, as reported on FOX news this morning, Bin Laden was unarmed, Obama ordered him shot on sight?

Three; Why was necessary to deep six Bin Laden's body so fast (I don't buy the "just following Muslim Tradition" bit)? The U.S. did not do that with Hussein's sons in Iraq.

Four; How did they get the DNA test results back so fast when it usually takes a week or two?

Something just don't smell right.

MightyMom said...

yeehaw!!! go SEALs!!

Laura Evangeline said...

God bless!

NHL Jerseys said...

The Kidd is
NHL Jerseys a sound manipulator
Boston Bruins Jersey won the league recognized.

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Hey Pops, are you still with us? I am getting worried. Haven't seen a new posting in a while. I pray that all is well.

Lutheran Pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Destruction of the embryo in the mother's womb is a violation of the right to live which God has bestowed upon this nascent life. To raise the question whether we are here concerned already with a human being or not is merely to confuse the issue. The simple fact is that God certainly intended to create a human being and that this nascent human being has been deliberately deprived of his life. And that is nothing but murder.

Read more about this famous Lutheran Pastor at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietrich_Bonhoeffer


Powered By Blogger