If you are reading this you may have come from the blog Diary of a Military Dad. If not, you may want to go there and read it first. This posting may make a little more sense; then again, some people would say I never make any sense. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Blog comments are the very root of our American Freedom of Speech and the right to express ourselves with fear of governmental reprisal. We may have different views regarding the current political climate. I respect Infantry Dad’s opinion and like him only want peace in this world. We both have shared “inside stories” about our soldier sons and want what is best for our county. We just have different opinions on how to achieve the same results.
I unlike some Americans have kept my election options open. I have yet to decide who I will vote for. Some of you may remember I ran a poll several months ago requesting input. I received several responses and thank those who responded. I have decided for whom I will not vote.
IMHO: The leader of the greatest nation in the world needs to be steadfast, loyal, honest and a God fearing person. The two main contenders of those running for this position have placed themselves in the media enough and have been visible in various venues for me to rule out one of them. I have ruled out Senator Barrack Hussein Obama for the following reasons:
Senator Barrack Hussein Obama
- Doesn’t want his middle name used
- Voted present more times as a state senator than he voted for/against a bill
- Back tracked on his pastor and his church after saying he attended for 20 years, then saying he didn’t attend that often.
- Refused to place his hand over his heart during playing of the National Anthem
- Refused to wear an American flag lapel pin, I don’t object to his right of expression, I do object when he begins to wear it after he has “won” his parties nomination. I believe this is hypocritical on his part.
- Said he believes in publically funded elections to make elections more equal then decided he could raise more money on the internet and refused the public fund route
- Began his run for the Presidency 143 days, less than 4 months, after taking the oath of office for the Senate position he had just won for the first time. I question his commitment to those who voted him.
- Says he wouldn’t want his daughters burdened with an unwanted child
- Is a member of the committee to oversee the War in
and never visited the country. Afghanistan
- Has yet to offer a viable solution to our current energy crisis and refuses to allow any type of drilling in or around the
. Mine is not to comment on these issues as they most certainly speak for themselves but I must regarding this. Exactly when does Senator Barrack Hussein Obama plan on allowing the United States to drill for our own oil! United States
- Stated he would bomb
one of our allies in the Afghanistan War Pakistan
- Has publically stated our soldiers are “just air-raiding villages and killing civilians”, (in
). I can assure Senator Barrack Hussein Obama, our brave sons are not “just air-raiding villages and killing civilians”. They, Senator Obama, are protecting you to make un-informed, ill advised and sometimes totally stupid comments. Afghanistan
- Told a
Portlandcrowd: “ does not pose a serious Iran
threat to us. Tiny countries with small defense budgets can’t do us
harm." Then the very next day he states: “I’ve made it clear for years that
the threat from
is grave.” http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.politics/2008-05/msg03346.html Iran
- Removed all reference to his opposition to the Global War on Terror from his campaign web site.
- Stated at a fund raiser, “So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
- Stated on Monday, July 21, 2008 while in
he was going to be working with the Iraqi government for the next 8 to 10 years. Does he not understand if he wins and is re-elected he only serves for 8 years. That is unless; he is planning on following past President Clinton’s example and use the position of President of the Iraq to further his own financial gains. United States
This is not an endorsement of Senator John McCain, this is only my position regarding Senator Barrack Hussein Obama and his campaign for my Presidential vote.
COMMENTS ARE VERY APPRECIATED